Acne & Spots
Acne is a common skin condition that affects most people at some point. It causes spots, oily skin and sometimes skin that's hot or painful to touch.
Why do I have Acne/Spots?
Acne is most commonly linked to the changes in hormone levels during puberty, but can start at any age. Certain hormones cause the grease-producing glands next to hair follicles in the skin to produce larger amounts of oil. This abnormal sebum changes the activity of a usually harmless skin bacterium called P. acnes, which becomes more aggressive and causes inflammation and pus.
The hormones also thicken the inner lining of the hair follicle, causing blockage of the pores.
Types of Spots
- Blackheads - open clogged pores where oil turns brown when exposed to air
- Whiteheads - closed clogged pores that are firm and won’t pop
- Papules - small red bumps that feel sore to touch
- Pustules - pus filled papules with a white tip
- Nodules - large painful lumps under the skin
- Cysts - large lumps filled with pus that look similar to boils
How can I treat acne?
Acne is a disease and so to reduce the impact it has on you, we work with your skin to minimize the four key factors of acne: excess oil, increased cell turnover, bacteria, inflammation. We offer a combination of treatments and products to successfully control these symptoms.
Treatments available for Acne/Spots:
- Fire and Ice Resurfacing Peel
- The Perfect Peel
- Obagi Blue Radience Peel
- iS Clinical Enzyme Facial
iS Clinical products for acne are formulated with pharmaceutical-grade botanical ingredients that work synergetically and safely to clear the complexion. The Acne regime includes products that encourage exfoliation while addressing inflammation and infection.
BOOK your appointment NOW
01202 523142 or email firstname.lastname@example.org